Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back to the clothes

I had been sewing so many bags lately I really missed the clothes creation. So with hubbies recent trip out of town I had the chance to really churn out some frocks unabated.

I've been dying to make this Farbenmix Insa skirt, so here is a summer version using Sandy Gervais' Fresh Squeezed line from Moda - this fabric was screaming Insa so I listened to it. Doesn't your fabric talk to you? Et voila!
This pattern is written in German - so hey mom, all those german lessons came in handy afterall!

And then, low and behold I made some thing for me! This is dually incredible, because 1: I haven't sewn for myself in like umm well my son is 9 now so yup, it would be longer than that. 2: because I made a skirt. My mom was floored when I told her - that's because I don't wear skirts - as she knows all too well - but who knows maybe this old dog can learn a few new tricks. The prices for a ready-made skirt of good quality are certainly enough to inspire some homemade creativity.

This one was fun - Favorite Things Cute Skirts pattern - super duper easy peasy and the fit is great as well. The pattern doesn't call for lining, but I decided I liked the drape of it better lined, so the brown one got lined. This brown one is Amy Butler fabric, which is a deep dark chocolate brown spiced with sage green and pale pink - completely ruined by the quality of this photo - fabulous in real life.
Kaffe Fasset lotus print for number 2.
'Tis a tad dressy for my tastes though so I proceeded to this option - New Look Pattern 6354
This was was also super easy to make and looks cute on. Alexander Henry's Mocca (one of my favorite prints of all time in every color)

Next up I have a plan for this Kwik Sew pattern 3341. They will be perfect for summer if it ever decides to arrive.

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your new fashion wardrobe - especially the brown Amy Butler skirt - very stylish!

Jodz said...

I love these skirts. Such beautiful fabric. You did a great job.