Friday, August 15, 2008

Quilting again?

As if I didn't have enough things to do on my agenda, I'm starting to think about quilting again. Let me clarify, I've never been a bona-fide quilter, never referred to myself as one and pretty much denied any interest in them until recently. About 20 years ago, I made 2 small quilts and decided enough was enough - not for me. The main reason being that the typical 'quilt' that comes to my mind looks kinda like this:
And while it's perfectly lovely, doesn't exactly fit in my ultra modern design asthetic with regard to home decor.

But then ~and there's always a but right?~ I started looking at Amy Butlers books and I thought, 'hey those don't look half bad' - in the right fabrics it would be cute and it's totally making me rethink the whole quilt thing. Plus there is that Amy factor again - she keeps popping up in my life with her darned cute fabrics and ideas ~ she is going to be the death of me but I digress.

These have me intrigued and IF and that is a big IF, I get some free time this winter (stop that hysterical laughter!) I might just whip up one of these.

How's this for fun?
or this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

::hysterical laughter::

seriously, that farmer's market one is cute -- and I have seen some really nice modern quilts lately. You should do it!!

I still don't think I will be adding to my own project list though....

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Oh please do!! it'll be a like a challenge :P

Gandksmom said...

I am in the process of making that first Amy Butlet quilt!
Wendy