Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Doo wop doo wop


It's sock hop time. This annual fundraiser for the kids school ~ it's almost here already - ack! Friday! At last year's sock hop, I so carelessly threw out the idea that it would be easy to make poodle skirts 'cause I had a whole year to get them done - right? Err right. Fast forward say 12 months and we are here already. Yikes, you can probably see where I'm headed with this? No I didn't make that poodle skirt yet - well not until day before yesterday. Dear daughter insisted that she would attend again this year ~I was secretly hoping she would back out like her brother did ~ but that was just selfishness on my part as I didn't want to add another thing to my to do list this week. And I could have backed out anyway, but my best friend is sending her 2 kids in poodle skirts and so I can't be outdone. Yeah I have issues. No I will not back down! So after a couple nights work it's done. She loves it which is a relief since there wasn't much consultation with her in the wee hours of the night when momma was sewing this.

Standard felt poodle skirt - aka circle skirt - had to brush up on my geometry for this one. I added some lining because wouldn't you know it they are making felt alot thinner these days - figures. I wanted the light blue to really be light blue looking. Blue not pink 'cause well, I wanted her to be different. It's all about me again.

We're gonna make the scene Daddy-O

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Did you do an elasticated waistband there? And that is really waiting until the VERY last minute!!

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Yes, I used a 1.5" wide black elastic and made that the waistband. Then topstiched it to hold down the seam allowance. Also doubles as a 'belt' for the costume.