Monday, April 5, 2010

Commitment

This post is what we'll call a little contract. I've committed some pixels so I guess that's the same as writing it down. Julie of Jaybird Quilts is having a hexagon quilt-along. This is my first ever quilt-along and if you've been following this blog, you know that I'm still a newbie quilter. But what-the-heck, I'm sure I can hex. Right? I guess I'll find out.

If you want to watch the drama unfold, you can keep your eye here as I'll be posting about the hex progression. Want to join me? Point your browser here
jaybirdquilts

I think I'm going to use this jelly roll

IMG_0366


~ although this may and will likely be subject to change without notice. I'm still undecided at this point.
Here's another possibility
IMG_0371
I bought the fancy 60 deg ruler though, so rest assured that I'm committed to hexing something. Let's hope it isn't the neighbors dog. No just kidding! It's not that kind of hex. All the same, it's a good thing we are in the year 2010 and that neighborhood bonfires are prohibited! Phew!

Ok on a completely different note, lookie here what lovely goodies arrived in the mail today
DSC_8325
IMG_0372
Really fabulous japanese fabrics. I can't wait to make something with these.

Stay tuned and happy sewing!



1 comment:

Jandi said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I love the Japanese prints!