Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stick sleeve

All rolled up:  Stick sleeve
I have been doing a little holiday weekend sewing. I'm working on my super secret Urban Home goods swap stuff for my secret partner. That's still hush hush for the moment.

Stick sleeve

While I was doing that I decided to make up a knitting needle case for myself. I used the tute over at multicrafty.

Stick sleeve inside
I have been meaning to make one of these for years. My current needle case has long since been outstripped by my needles. So now I have one that fits all the straight needles. I used fabrics from Kelly at Banana Showcase and the Stitch n Lounge. I love these fabrics and was so happy to see how well they matched when they arrived. I used some Meadowsweet II from Sandi Henderson and paired it with Farmdale from Alexander Henry.

I even made a little pouch to put in all those little knitting supplies that usually troll around in the bottom of my knitting bag.

Hexie pouch
Speaking of knitting bags, that one's next on my list. I really need to replace the ancient gardening bag I have been using as a knitting bag for the last decade.

Happy Sewing!

19 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

cute projects!

That farmdale looks so great with the Meadowsweet2. :)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love the pouch, did you use a pattern?

Anonymous said...

Caroline, I love the hexie pouch bag, I want to buy one!! I'll e-mail you about it ;)

Caitlin said...

I'm not a knitter, but I adore the little hexie pouch!!

Jeannette said...

They are great! I have been wanting to make myself one, now I really do!

Just Jenn said...

That little hexi pouch is adorable! What a great use for them... just perfect.

Giddy for Paisley said...

Super cute projects. I am in desperate need of a needle holder. Thanks for inspiring me :)

Leslie said...

these are both gorgeous...i love the fabrics!

Paulette said...

What a cute knitting needle case and pouch! Awesome job on both!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Both are very nice and I'm sure will serve you well. :)

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Both are very nice and I'm sure will serve you well. :)

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

that pouch is oh so cute!

Karen said...

Gorgeous needle holder. Pretty fabrics. Beautiful pouch too.

Nina... said...

Oh my goodness, I love the needle roll. I'm going to have to chek out the "tute! The fabrics you used are lovely!

Michelle said...

Terrific projects! The needle roll is an excellent idea.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

They're both great! I need one of those rolls. Thanks for the link:) Very cute pouch, too.

Haylee said...

Your projects turned out great. I love them.

Anonymous said...

Can you do a tutorial for the little zipper bag? It's SO cute!

Thank you!

Kim

Kylie said...

That little zippy clutch is very sweet. May I ask if you used a pattern or is it your design? If it is your design, would love to know where I could buy a copy!