Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello November??

Oregon born, ??? bound
Really? November already? Where has the time gone? I have not been blogging much due to the fact that I have not been sewing much. October has come and gone and aside from some Halloween costumes, I've barely gotten any sewing done. Hence the blog hiatus.
Oregon born, ??? bound

So you probably don't know that the Pillow talk Swap was on again, and today was actually our mailing deadline. This pillow has been a month or more in progress but it’s finally done and off to it’s new home. I hope you like it partner! It's kind of anthro-inspired. I had fun making it and I even got to try some creative paper piecing, a little hand embroidery (ok haven't done that in years)
Oregon born, ??? bound

EDITED 12/7
By now my partner John, QuiltDad has received his pillow and he likes foxes which is why I chose that theme. I used Sonja's (Artisania) paper pieced fox pattern to make the fox on the back of the pillow. You can find her patterns here.

9 comments:

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

This is just fabulous! Lucky partner!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd!!!!! I die! That little fox is so cute I might cry if it doesn't come live w me!

Scenic Pit Stops said...

Love it! Awesome.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

O my gosh, I love this so much. The fox is crazy cute!!!

Joan said...

that little teardrop pillow is so adorable!

Caity said...

I love your pillows! I'm in the middle of making a quilt that is very similar.

angelune said...

If anyone else wants to make a fox, the pattern is found on Artisania's site: http://artisania.wordpress.com/pattern-shop-2/lil-fox-8-x-10-woodland-quilt-pattern/

John said...

Like it? I LOVE it!! It's absolutely perfect -- thanks again!! I've finally gotten around to blogging about it here:
http://www.quiltdad.com/2011/12/pillow-talk-swap-round-6.html

jmb_craftypickle said...

love the pillow!! Makes me want to try fusible again... maybe! CUTE FOXES, just perfect for John.