Thursday, May 21, 2015

2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival

#postapicturefiberchallenge Day 1. This is my Mod Blooms quilt originally designed for #quiltcon but not finished in time. #matchstick #quilting  #endless. In #essexlinen and #Konasolids. @robertkaufman and lots and lots of #aurifil thread. @alexveronelli I have been so remiss in posting that I doubt I have any readership left, but here is my entry for the Bloggers Quilt Festival put on by Amy's Creative Side I'm entering this in the Original Designs Category This is really a very simple quilt. It's all made of 4 blocks. Each block is a complete flower and a wide sashing in the same fabric as the background makes those mod blooms float. The flower blocks are made of 4 smaller blocks that each have 2 curved pieces in them. The entire quilt is pieced, not appliqued, and then I matchstick quilted the entire quilt in various shades of variegated and solid aurifil thread. The blocks are made of Kona solids and Essex yarn-dyed linen in flax (one of my favs) for the background. This quilt was originally designed for Quiltcon 2014 but not completed in time for submission. All that matchstick quilting really kicked-my-butt! ;) For @wholalacrafts 😉. #matchstick closeup I'll have to confess that i had all kinds of issues with my walking foot and the pressure foot pressure on this quilt which has led to less than stellar results on the quilting. In the end I figured out that I had a defective walking foot (it wasn't walking properly or feeding my fabric) so the fabric is pulled in places which is unfortunate, but i still love the quilt and have put in too much effort to just let it go. Lesson learned, next time i'll know what to look for. Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

LethargicLass said...

I'm still a reader :) I love this! I don't recall ever seeing it before,just lovely!