Friday, September 7, 2012

Surfs up!

Untitled  
Let's go the beach!

We'll need:
Surf board - check
wet suit - check
Rad car - check, check and check

What is cooler than a fun old fashioned woody?  I love these old cars

Surf board strapped to the top - Oh yeah.

This is an 8x10" mug rug I made for my partner in the Scrappy Mug Rug swap which had a summer theme.

Want to make your own woody?

Here's a link to the pattern pieces.

And a link to the assembly schematic and instructions.


It's another foundation pieced block and could easily be made into a 10" square if you wanted to turn it into a quilt block.


Would look equally good with print or solid fabrics.  

Here's an earlier version that I accidentally made with wooden windows- yeah that's not to brilliant is it?  Oh well, it's on my desk at work - so far no one has noticed.

Surfing anyone? My Summer Scrappy Mug Rug for SWAP


If you make it yourself, I would recommend glass in the windows - or at least glass colored fabric.

Please post it in the Trilliumdesign flickr group if you do end up making it - I would love to see it!

Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

Susan said...

You are SO sweet to give us this pattern, thank you very much. It's just wonderful and so clever and fun!

Susan said...

Thanks so much for giving us this very wonderful and fun pattern, you are so sweet!

bruinbr said...

This is so cool! Love it!

Thanks also for the info on your backing fabric for your stems quilt! I found the tan version on etsy! :)

Jess said...

This is seriously amazing! You are so talented. I love it!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Sep. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

Amy DeCesare said...

Too cute! I love the way you used the woody fabric. {Even in the first version...lol!}