Thursday, September 16, 2010

(almost) Friday Finish

Hedgie love
Remember this random red and aqua quilt which I started for no particular reason other than I felt like it? The top is finally finished after having started it a couple of months ago. I really don't like projects hanging around like this. I'm always worried they'll end up in project purgatory, so I'm glad the top is done.
Stepping Stones quilt top
The quilting will be next but since that's my favorite part, it won't take long as long as I can carve out some time in the schedule. Famous last words, right?

As it turned out, It was quite a bit of work to piece all those strips together since I needed 80 of them and that was only half the work for the block. I like how it came together though. It's been named the Stepping Stones quilt by my son.
Stepping Stones quilt top Appropriate I think since it will live on the patio in the summer.


Happy Sewing!

22 comments:

Terri said...

That is Gorgeous!!!! I love it Great job

Robin said...

very fun- I love the colors

Cole's Corner said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love those colors.

Jennifer said...

Wow, gorgeous! I'm making the same type of pattern, it's a lot of work! Great job.

Pokey said...

You have a neat finish here, the red and aqua are always so striking! I'm glad you rescued it from the "quilt purgatory"! It will quilt beautifully. :-}pokey

Colleen said...

Gorgeous!!

Leslie said...

oh my, that hedgie could not get any cuter...this looks beautiful. i love the name that your son gave it.

Kim D. said...

Beautiful quilt, love the red and aqua together.

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Your quilt is really beautiful! Love the colours!

Kristie said...

This is so, so pretty. I love this color combinations, and love how you used the aqua squares as centers. Nice job!
Visiting from sew and tell.

Nina... said...

Love, love, love it! So bright and cheery! Great job.

Lappedamen said...

Wow, the quilt are gorgeous. I love the bright colors.

Carla said...

Love it! especially all the fabric you used. The hedgehog is adorable!!

Unknown said...

Oooh! Oooh! Love it!

amylouwhosews said...

I'm totally crushing on red and aqua and you did a great job with this! I love it so much! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Rene' said...

Love the aqua and red! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! I'm the same, gotta get them done.

Oops-Lah said...

it's absolute gorgeous. Those colours are just fabulous!

Patty said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I'm working on getting things completed. I find myself so easily distracted but one project at a time is my new motto...easier said than done.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Great quilt! I might have to make that one. Is it your own design? Very cute!

Jess said...

I am just now seeing this, but am absolutely in love with this quilt! If I was your neighbor, I would most surely steal it off your porch! :)

Melissa said...

I love this! I am working on a quilt VERY similar in pattern and love to see how it looks in different colors. Do you know how you will quilt it? I am looking for ideas and would love to hear/see yours!