Saturday, April 20, 2013

Is there a Doctor in the house?

ETD:  Master list of QAL Blocks
Doctor.Who.Along Block list:
Block 1 Tardis
Block 2 Time lord
Block 3 K9 
Block 4 SS Madame de Pompadour
Block 5 Badwolf 
Block 6 Werewolf
Block 7 Sonic Screwdriver
Block 8 Weeping Angel 
Block 9 Cyberman
Block 10 Dalek
Block 11 Striped Scarf
Block 12 Gallifrey
Block 13 the Ood
Block 14 Hello Sweetie
Block 15 River Song's Diary
Block 16 Vashta Nerada
Block 17 Crack in time
Block 18 Chamelon Arch
Block 19 Power of three
Block 20 Tardis in flight



Do you Who?  Then this just might be the quilt-along for you.

Announcing the



A Whovian-inspired Quilt-Along

brought to you by myself (Caroline) and Soma (Whims and Fancies) and the Doctor.  Doctor Who?

Starting in May of 2013 (in the current dimension)

We will be bringing you a new Doctor Who inspired paper-pieced block every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.  Plenty of time for you to sew along.  There will be a total of 20 blocks ~ enough to make a large-sized quilt if you are so inclined and certainly enough for you to pick and choose your favorites.

Won't you join us?  You can follow along here or here or on Flickr.

Join the Doctor.Who.Along Flickr group for helpful discussion, patterns and chatter.

Don't Blink!!  You have until May 7th to gather your supplies before the T.A.R.D.I.S materializes.

Blog button:





16 comments:

Leanne said...

I have a Dr. Who fan in the house. Maybe you will have a few blocks that could be a quilt or a pillow for him. I will see if I can play along, thank you.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I will be playing along - I have a huge fan in the house and haven't made his birthday present yet (let's forget the fact it was in February...)

Michelle said...

I'm so in. My other projects are crying tears of sorrow as they get neglected....;p

Ruth said...

I love the Doctor Who. Count me in. Can't wait!

Dawn said...

Love the Doctor! Can't wait to see the blocks. I made a pillow with a Tardis for my son last year. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm in too! or I'll try to keep :)

Ursula

Sara Ruiz said...

i really love Doctor Who! im totally whovian! and im really for all and i cant wait for the second block!! greatins from Mexico... and... DONT BLINK!

Sweet Tooth Treats said...

My daughter and I are HUGE Who Geeks!!! Can't wait to catch up and jump in!!

Sweet Tooth Treats said...

My daughter and I are HUGE Who geeks!!! Can't wait to catch up and jump in!!!

Unknown said...

I may be a bit late for this but I want you to know just how much I love your Doctor Who patterns. I started my quilt back in December of 2013 and finished it 4 days before my daughter's graduation from grade 12 on June 26, 2014. This was her grad present. She loved it! I put a photo of her on the flickr group wrapped up in it. She was so surprised and happy that she was crying. I have always wanted to make a DW themed quilt but I don`t have the talent for design. I was so happy to find someone who does. If you are ever having a down moment just think about how much those of us who made your quilt blocks are thankful for your talent. Now, any chance of a few Stargate SG-1 blocks?

Tami said...

I just came open your Dr. Who blocks. I love them! This may seem like a silly questions, but is there any way of knowing how much of each material is used of the different blocks?

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Tami. Ifyou go to the craftsy pages for each block the fabric requirements are listed there

Unknown said...

Estimating fabric needs is impossible! Like many long time sewers I have a huge stash of fabric, even so I had to buy quite a few of the duller colours. I didn't have any greys or dull blues in my collection. I ended up buying a half meter of each new colour I needed and that was plenty. There is enough of each colour left that I will never use for the inevitable repairs after 50 years of use. Good luck in making your own quilt.
I have to admit when I look at the finished quilt I'm still amazed I actually made it!

Unknown said...

I am not able to download most of the patterns.The link to Craftsy has been deleted.Is there any other link available? Thank you

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm in love with this idea but there are only a few of the blocks left on Craftsy. And the links on your site here have been removed. Is there another location where we can purchase them?

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Randi Last - only the 10 patterns I have designed are currently available. The other 10 patterns were designed by a different designer and are no longer available. So Sorry