Friday, July 16, 2010

Nifty Notion






Check out this nifty little gadget. It's a needle threader. Not one of those little wire doo-hickeys that breaks the first time you use it either! A real needle threader.


I have been doing so much hand sewing lately, and therefore threading of needles, I decided to pick up this little guy at the fabric store. Ok and I will admit that threading needles in my apparently advanced age (ugggh) is getting a little bit trickier than it used to be and that may have contributed to my purchase (maybe, possibly, but I'll never tell). This needle threader is super easy to use - I mean seriously! Why even bother trying to thread a needle the other way? - this is a just plain no-brainer.
You put the needle in the hole on top, you lay the thread in the groove and press the button. Takes all of 0.9876 seconds.

With hand threading, you have to trim the thread sharply to make sure that those little fine strands of thread are really clipped so they don't misdirect the thread away from the eye of the needle - know what I mean? Yea. No worries with the threader. It even has a handy thread cutter built in. I'm sold on this gadget. Go check it out.

In the meantime, I have two quilt tops done and a third nearly complete. So I’m making a lot of progress but no piccies until I get them quilted which will be awhile because we will be busy all weekend at Da Vinci days doing this


And this

and watching this

IMG_6134

yes that's mud...

there is also water...
IMG_6168


and sand...


and oh yeah - solid ground is allowed too.
IMG_6044

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

random Cindy said...

Cool gadget. So far I'm still okay with threading hand needles. But I would love to find an aftermarket threader for one of my sewing machines that doesn't have the threader gadget. The one I'm using works fine but I feel bad that my better machine is in the basement mostly because of the nifty needle threading thing!

VickiT said...

Oh I'm SO thrilled to see you comment about that needle threader! I saw those online almost a year ago and was afraid to buy one because, as you said others don't work or break. Thank you so much for the good comments about this one.

The mud bikes or whatever they call them look like a boys dream playground, young or old 'boy'. LOL
Love the parade 'vehicles' too. Awesome imaginations on those creations.