Monday, January 31, 2011

Single girl

So I’m a single girl again! Ha ha!! No, not really, but I am going to be working on the Single Girl Quilt-along organized by Nova and Katy and making Denyse Schmidt’s Single Girl quilt. So at the moment I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of the pattern for this quilt (currently winding its way across the country – probably on a brown UPS semi) and while the pattern is on it’s journey, I figured I might as well audition some fabrics for the quilt. So here are some stacks I pulled out as possible candidates.
Single girl quilt Auditions ~ option B

Here’s the first, very Tula and Pink! No, really! ~ and maybe a little too pink. I’ve used her owl fabric as inspiration and pulled out some colors from that including a café latte brown for the background and some bright aqua accents.

Single girl quilt Auditions ~ option B
While I love this combo I can’t help but think it’s a bit too pink for me. I don’t usually do pink, certainly not in décor and my daughter is too old to appreciate it – so I think these fabrics will probably go back in the stash. Who knows, - I might make up a test block when the pattern arrives and hope that someone has a baby soon so I can have an excuse to use these colors.

Second audition uses Laurie Wisbrun’s fabric for inspiration. I LOVE this fabric a LOT so I’ve pulled a stack of fabrics that kind of go with it.
Single girl quilt Auditions ~ option A
This one is a bit more me and a lot more functional within the house color-wise, but I’m not totally in love with these potential fabrics just yet.

Single girl quilt Auditions ~ option A
I think the stack needs something else? Usually I go with my gut and my gut isn’t quite happy with this just yet. Again I think I’ll have to make up a swatch block first just to see what it might look like. Any thoughts?

Yes, I know I’ve promised a blog-i-versary celebration and it’s coming – promise.

In the meantime, happy sewing!

No comments: